VACANCY: Communications Officer
Clim-Eat is a ‘think and do tank’ for food and climate that seeks to accelerate a just transition to resilient and low-emission food systems in low-and middle-income countries through innovative engagement, evidence generation, and outreach efforts. Working with our partners, Clim-Eat offers thought leadership to provide solutions to pressing issues in food systems. These efforts are complemented by policy engagement and capacity-building efforts with decision-makers in the public and private sectors.
As we continue to expand our impact, we are seeking a dedicated and skilled Communications Officer to join our team. We invite not only individuals with a background in communications but also consultants with expertise in strategic communication, public relations, and media engagement to apply.
At Clim-Eat, we believe in providing a nurturing environment where talents are cultivated, ideas are embraced, and individuals thrive both personally and professionally. Recognizing that mindset trumps skillsets, we actively encourage individuals who may not meet all conventional criteria to apply.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating compelling content, including press releases, articles, blog posts, and social media updates, to showcase Clim-Eat’s work.
- Managing and maintaining Clim-Eat’s digital platforms, ensuring timely and engaging updates.
- Coordinating with internal teams and external partners to gather information and insights for communication materials.
- Building and maintaining relationships with media outlets, influencers, and key stakeholders to amplify Clim-Eat’s impact.
- Monitoring (social) media coverage and public sentiment to adapt communication strategies accordingly.
- Working closely with the Clim-Eat communications team to implement, improve, and organize our communications strategy.
THE CANDIDATE SHALL HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in communications, with a focus on nonprofit organizations or relevant sectors.
- Creative thinking and the ability to translate complex concepts into accessible and compelling messages.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using social media platforms, content management systems, and other communication tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain an overview of tasks and responsibilities amid dynamic and evolving requirements.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools and multimedia content creation is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful communication strategies and impactful outreach.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The selected candidate will be contracted by Stichting Clim-Eat (a Dutch registered Foundation), and based in the Netherlands. The candidate needs to have the right to work in the Netherlands. The contract will be for 1 year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance and funding.
We offer a challenging role with remuneration commensurate with experience, indicatively at scale 8 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work. This role also comes with a high degree of independence and a very flexible and multicultural working environment.
For candidates based outside the Netherlands, home-based consultancies may be considered. In this case, remuneration will be negotiated based on the agreed-upon terms and the consultant’s relevant experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted by February 16, 2024 to email@example.com. All applications must include curriculum vitae, cover letter, contact information of two professional referees who may be contacted, as well as 1-3 examples of your work or experience. Please note that applications that do not include all the information described above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.