VACANCY: Innovations Officer
Clim-Eat is a ‘think and do tank’ for food and climate that seeks to accelerate a just transition to resilient and low-emission food systems in low-and middle-income countries through innovative engagement, evidence generation, and outreach efforts. Working with our partners, Clim-Eat offers thought leadership to provide solutions to pressing issues in food systems. These efforts are complemented by policy engagement and capacity-building efforts with decision-makers in the public and private sectors.
As we broaden our horizons and strive for greater impact, we’re in search of an inquisitive and analytical individual to join our team as an Innovations Officer. In this capacity, you’ll delve into research, policy advocacy, and network building to champion transformative innovations shaping the future of food.
At Clim-Eat, we believe in providing a nurturing environment where talents are cultivated, ideas are embraced, and individuals thrive both personally and professionally. Recognizing that mindset trumps skillsets, we actively encourage individuals who may not meet all conventional criteria to apply as well.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research activities pertinent to Clim-Eat’s innovation projects, focusing particularly on investment and scaling pathways, in collaboration with the wider research team.
- Develop partnership networks around innovation and collaboration opportunities.
- Support in project management activities linked to Clim-Eat’s key project(s) on innovation.
- Produce and contribute to written outputs related to project findings and research insights.
- Facilitate the organization of workshops, events, and stakeholder dialogues in line with project implementation efforts.
- Contribute to managing and updating Clim-Eat’s innovations directories, ensuring they remain current and comprehensive.
- Support with other tasks that might emerge during the implementation of efforts.
THE CANDIDATE SHALL HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Holds an advanced degree in a field related to food systems, innovation, economics, international development, or other relevant disciplines.
- Brings 2-3 years of working experience at an international level, demonstrating exposure to diverse contexts and challenges within the field.
- Demonstrates a keen interest in learning about innovations within food systems and their enabling environments.
- Possesses excellent research skills, adept at writing and managing data effectively.
- Approaches problem-solving with a proactive and solutions-oriented mindset, consistently striving for impactful results.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and a capacity to work independently and collaboratively within a geographically dispersed team.
- Maintains robust organizational skills, adept at prioritizing tasks amidst evolving requirements and dynamic circumstances.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The selected candidate will be contracted by Stichting Clim-Eat (a Dutch registered Foundation), and based in the Netherlands. The candidate needs to have the right to work in the Netherlands. This contract will be for 1 year and 36 hours/week, with the possibility of extension depending on performance and funding.
We offer a challenging role with remuneration commensurate with experience, indicatively at scale 8 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work. This role also comes with a high degree of independence and a very flexible and multicultural working environment.
For candidates based outside the Netherlands, home-based consultancies may be considered. In this case, remuneration will be negotiated based on the agreed-upon terms and the consultant’s relevant experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted by February 23, 2024, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must include curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the contact information of two professional referees who may be contacted. Please note that applications that do not include all the information described above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.